What materials are available through interlibrary loan (ILL)?
Generally, the following materials may be obtained:
- Photocopies of book chapters
- Photocopies of articles in journals, anthologies, and proceedings from symposia and conferences.
- Theses and dissertations
Most libraries will NOT lend:
- Rare or valuable material, including manuscripts
- Typescript doctoral dissertations when available on microfilm
- Reference or other non-circulating materials
- Material in high demand at the lending library, especially recently printed books and best-sellers
In addition, UAB Libraries will NOT accept requests for:
- Materials on reserve at UAB Libraries
- Materials owned by the UAB Libraries but in circulation at the time of request
- Textbooks available for purchase at the bookstore
- Items that would violate copyright guidelines
Was this helpful? 0 0