Q. For how long can books be checked out?
The length of checkout depends on your status at UAB, the type of book you are checking out, and the library from which the book is being checked out.
At the Lister Hill Library, most materials can be checked out for a 28-day loan period. Books in the School Collection and the Test Prep Collection circulate for 1 day.
At the Sterne Library, the general load periods are as follow:
- Undergraduate students - 28 days
- Graduate students - 63 days
- UAB Faculty - 63 days
- UAB Staff - 28 days
- Other patrons - 14 days
Different loan periods apply to the following types of materials regardless of your borrower type:
- Books in the School Collection - 1 day
- Test Prep Collection - 1 day
- Juvenile books - 14 days
- Textbook collection -14 days
- Café collection - 28 days
- Compact Discs, DVDs, Music Recordings, Spoken Recordings - 7 days
- Charts, Film Loops, Games, Kits, Models, and Transparencies - 14 days
For more information call the HUB desk at (205) 934-3306 or the help desk at Sterne at (205) 934-6364.